A wireless microphone, or cordless microphone, is a microphone without a physical cable connecting it directly to the sound recording or amplifying equipment with which it is associated. Also known as a radio microphone, it has a small, battery-powered radio transmitter in the microphone body, which transmits the audio signal from the microphone by radio waves to a nearby receiver unit, which recovers the audio. The other audio equipment is connected to the receiver unit by cable. In one type the transmitter is contained within the handheld microphone body. In another type the transmitter is contained within a separate unit called a "bodypack", usually clipped to the user's belt or concealed under his clothes. The bodypack is connected by wire to a "lavalier microphone" or "lav" (a small microphone clipped to the user's lapel), a headset or earset microphone, or another wired microphone. Most bodypack designs also support a wired instrument connection (e.g., to a guitar). Wireless microphones are widely used in the entertainment industry, television broadcasting, and public speaking to allow public speakers, interviewers, performers, and entertainers to move about freely while using a microphone without requiring a cable attached to the microphone.
Our safety tips
- Listings with a "Shop" tag means that the publisher was curated by Jumia Deals.
- At all costs, avoid paying before seeing the item.
- Avoid sending money through untraceable methods such as Western Union or Mobile Money.
- Thoroughly check the item to make sure it's matches the assumed condition.
- If the seller doesn't have a shop, meet with him in a public place (Mall, Gas station, workplace ...).
- Do not give personal details (bank details, credit card numbers ...).
- Beware of offers that are too good to be true.