Now in its fifth edition, this book presents the biochemistry of mammalian cells, relates events at the cellular level to the subsequent physiological processes in the whole animal, and cites examples of human diseases derived from aberrant biochemical processes. The new edition also provides readers with 25 per cent more clinical correlations, which highlight the significance of the biochemistry to specific clinical problems.
This newly revised and updated fifth edition of Devlin's Textbook of Biochemistry with Clinical Correlations presents the biochemistry of mammalian cells, relates events at the cellular level to physiological processes in the whole animal, and cites examples of human diseases derived from aberrant biochemical processes. This edition significantly expands the clinical correlation that highlight the significance of biochemistry to specific clinical problems. Full-color illustrations provide clear explanations for the concepts discussed, and end-of-chapter questions and answers act as challenging study material. Reorganized into five practical sections, Textbook of Biochemistry with Clinical Correlations covers these topics and much more: Structure of macromolecules-DNA, RNA, and protein structure Information transmission-replication, transcription, protein synthesis, and control of gene expression Functions of proteins-protein families, enzymes, membrane structure, and transport mechanisms Metabolic pathways and their control-carbohydrate, lipid, amino acid, and nucleotide metabolism Physiological processes-hormone and signal transduction, biochemistry of nervous tissue, muscle vision, coagulation and digestion, and principles of nutrition
Our safety tips
- Listings with a "Shop" tag means that the publisher was curated by Jumia Deals.
- At all costs, avoid paying before seeing the item.
- Avoid sending money through untraceable methods such as Western Union or Mobile Money.
- Thoroughly check the item to make sure it's matches the assumed condition.
- If the seller doesn't have a shop, meet with him in a public place (Mall, Gas station, workplace ...).
- Do not give personal details (bank details, credit card numbers ...).
- Beware of offers that are too good to be true.